Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Poll
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

As I Lay Dying: Quotes and Power Points

2 posters

:: 1 :: Assignments

Go down

As I Lay Dying: Quotes and Power Points Empty As I Lay Dying: Quotes and Power Points

Post  Admin October 30th 2008, 12:16 pm

1. Break into small groups.
Darl
Jewel
Cash
Cora/Tull
Anse
Addie
Dewey Dell
Vardaman

Working with the text, collect significant quotes that describe your chosen character (what the author says about the character, the character's thoughts, what others say about the character, the character's actions in terms of the plot). Note the page number to cite for MLA citation and for the powerpoint you will be developing about the character.

Spend 15-20 minutes on this. Share out.

Last edited by Admin on December 1st 2008, 12:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://apenglish.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

As I Lay Dying: Quotes and Power Points Empty DARL

Post  hayleydayis October 30th 2008, 12:50 pm

*Quotes that describe Darl:
*In the CORA section on page 21, it reads, "I always said Darl was different from those others. I
always said he was the only one of them that had his mother's nature, had any natural affection. Not that Jewel, the one she labored so to bear..."
*"[Mr. Tull] said Darl almost begged them on his knees not to force him to leave her in her condition."
*"He just stood and looked at his dying mother, his heart too full for words."
* "It was Darl. He come to the door and stood there, looking at his dying mother. He just looked at her, and I felt the bounteous love of the Lord again and His mercy. I saw that with Jewel, she had just been pretending, but that it was between her and Darl that the understanding and the true love was."
* "It was Darl, the one that folks say is queer, lazy, pottering about the place no better than Anse, with Cash a good carpenter and always more building than he can get around to..."
From DEWEY DELL:
* "And I did not think that Darl would, that sits at the supper table with his eyes gone further than the food and the lamp, full of the land dug out of his skull and the holes filled with distance beyond the land."
hayleydayis
hayleydayis
E. E. Cummings

Back to top Go down